The infamous Dr. Raz returns. Rasputin is a character from a tragically short-lived Shadowrun campaign I played in in college. She was both the heavy artillery and also the medic, a terrible combination that resulted in her playing as an apathetic black market organs dealer with little regard for human life, an inexplicable Russian accent, and an addiction to cheap stinky cigars. Fortunately most of her problems could be solved by blowing things to bits and her questionable expertise as a doctor was never tested.
Heya, folks. We’re still working on getting the core Playsets whipped into shape for backer previews. In the meantime, we thought we’d give you a sneak peek at the final cover art for the core Playset pack. Stay tuned for more Playset previews in the coming weeks!
What I’ve been up to lately, freelance-wise. C:
AD.AM ENGINE LOGO
Just derping around with this idea I had for space arks that utilize Adaptation Amitosis, or AD.AM, for terraforming new planets. I made it up because it sounded cool and I obviously know next to nothing about real science, I don’t think amitosis is even a legit term anymore.
The Kickstarter campaign for Costume Fairy Adventures is now live - and we have a special reward in store for our fans on Tumblr who help spread the word!
Costume Fairy Adventures is a tabletop roleplaying game for 2 to 7 players. Where you play fairies. In costumes. Having adventures. (Fairies are not good at clever titles.)
- Put on magical costumes and gain special powers to aid your shenanigans with our fully illustrated, 108-card Core Costume Deck!
- Explore a library of sandbox-style Playsets that will take you everywhere from your own back yard to the furthest reaches of Outer Space!
- Play cooperatively, or compete with your friends to see who will reign supreme as Master of Mischief!
You’ll receive all this and more when you back our Costume Fairy Adventures Kickstarter - but just for our fans on Tumblr, there’s something special in store. Three lucky Tumblr users who reblog this post on or before December 10th, 2013 will receive a custom playbook for their very own Costume Fairy Adventures character, complete with a full-colour illustration:
This is a Tumblr exclusive promotion - this reward is not available at any Kickstarter backer level! But don’t worry - there’s lots more awesome stuff to be had. Check it out:
- A total of three winners will be selected from among all Tumblr users who reblog this post on or before December 10th, 2013.
- A given reblogger may win only once. Reblogging multiple times will not increase your odds of winning.
- No purchase is necessary to participate. You do not have to be a Kickstarter backer in order to win.
- In order to receive your reward, Penguin King Games Inc. must be able to contact you. If you you do not have a Tumblr ask box, you may provide your contact information using our general contact form; please include the exact text of your Tumblr name when doing so.
- In the event that we are unable to contact you within fourteen days of the end of this promotion, your reward will be forfeit.
- This promotion is not open to employees of Penguin King Games Inc., nor to freelancers and/or paid consultants who have worked with Penguin King Games within the past twelve months.
- Rewards have no cash value, and may not be transferred, sold, or exchanged for other services or merchandise.
- The description and appearance of your character must adhere to acceptable content guidelines.
Help support me and other super cool artists by checking out the kickstarter and reblogging this for a chance to win CFA swag!
Back in July John and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary, he had been wanting a copy of Majora’s Mask for the N64 we recently dug out of my closet so of course I went absolutely overboard finding a way to present it. I decorated a cheap treasure box from Michaels and stashed away the game with a gatcha toy figurine from Wind Waker wrapped as a bomb, fire and ice arrows lollypops, shield mint tin, sword pen, gusher candy rupees, lon lon milk energy drink, and a “letter from the princess”. The hardest part was trying to do all this without the person I shared one small room with finding out.
Super fast logo for the Shenandoah Valley Beekeeper’s Association, brochures were going for print and I needed something for the cover.
Some icons I made for a brochure on beekeeping.
Tui & La
Here’s a digital rough of the sketch from earlier, pretty cute, would make a better tattoo at this point than a logo though.
"Tui and La, the moon and ocean, have always circled each other in an eternal dance. They balance each other. Push and Pull. Life and Death. Good and Evil. Yin and Yang."
Tui and La
I got another betta today, a black male doubletail, and I named him La. I just couldn’t resist the symmetry of it, plus I’ve been binging on a lot of Avatar since it went on instant queue. I was messing around with the idea of a graphic treatment of the two spirits, I thought it might make a cool logo or design for print. He won’t sit still for a photo yet, so maybe later, or just more doodles. I wish I could find a yin-yang shaped split fish bowl, though they really seem to hate each other, and to think this all started because I thought my marimo looked too lonely, sigh. :( #fishyproblems